What is a pancake ? Pancake or Pannenkoek (in Dutch) is a cake pancakes made from materials such as flour, eggs, sugar, and milk . The ingredients are mixed with water to make a mixture. The dough is then fried on a flat pan or pan that has been greased. Usually on top of pancakes added: butter, mapple, jam or honey syrup. For variety, pancakes can also be eaten with cheese, fruit berries, and sliced meats.
Indonesia actually also has pancake-type cakes, namely (traditional) market snacks. For example: pancakes, apples, mud cakes, and pastries.
How to make pancakes is actually not difficult, provided you are willing and diligent to cook this delicious cake. Here are the recipes and how to make pancakes:
1. How to make simple pancakes
Number of servings:
Ingredients for pancakes:
- 100 gr flour
- 250 ml liquid milk
- A little salt
- Eggs 1 item
- As much as margarine for spread
Material for topping:
- Mapple syrup
- Ice cream
- Melted chocolate
- Sticky or Teflon pan
- Containers of various sizes
- Measuring glass
- Liquid milk put in a separate container.
- Flour, sifter and put in a separate container.
- The egg separates the yellow and white parts. Put each one in two separate containers.
How to make simple pancakes:
Prepare the container for pancake mixture, add flour, egg yolks and salt.
Use a spatula or whisk to stir the mixture, stir until evenly distributed and completely mixed. If there are still lumps or bubbles on the mixture, stir again until it disappears.
Use a mixer to whisk the egg whites in different containers. Set the speed control to high mode on your mixer.
Pour this egg white mixture into the flour mixture. By using a spatula, stir the mixture evenly.
Prepare a Teflon or a nonstick pan on the stove that burns on low heat, then melt a little margarine.
After the pan becomes hot enough, pour about 2.5 spoonfuls of the mixture then cover the pan with the lid.
Wait a minute then turn the mixture over. Do it until done and brown.
Then, lift the mixture and place it on the plate. Place 2 scoop of ice cream on top, then add a little maple syrup and chocolate melt.
Simple pancakes are ready to be enjoyed.
2. How to make durian pancakes
Leather material :
200 gr flour, sifter
4 eggs chicken eggs
200 ml milk
Essence pandan 2 drops
How to make soft durian pancake skin:
Prepare the container, then add the flour that has been sifted into it.
Add chicken eggs, pandan essence and milk, stir until all the pancake ingredients are evenly distributed.
Prepare a nonstick pan, apply a little butter on it.
Turn on the stove over low heat, when the pan is hot enough to add as much as one vegetable spoon.
Cover the entire surface of the pan with the mixture, wait until done.
Lift and set aside.
Material for durian pancakes:
Instant whipped cream 2 packs (shake until fluffy and stiff)
Medium size durian fruit 3-4 fruit (take the meat only, then puree)
How to make :
Take 1 sheet of pancake skin, then fill with whipped cream (which has been shaken) as well as enough durian fruit meat.
Fold the pancake skin until it wraps the contents.
Store in the refrigerator.
Durian pancakes are ready to be served when they are cold.
3. How to make banana pancakes
- Eggs 1 item
- 200 gr flour
- Ambon Banana or Plantain 2 pieces (cut into pieces)
- 25 grams of sugar
- 200 ml liquid milk
- As much as margarine
- As much as salt
How to make :
- Prepare the container, then add flour, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare another container to whisk the egg, shake until it expands.
- Add the liquid milk, then shake again.
- Add the flour mixture etc. into a container containing a mixture of liquid milk and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the cut bananas into the mixture and stir again until evenly distributed.
- Prepare Teflon, set a small flame on the stove.
- Apply margarine on Teflon first, then pour about 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Use low heat during cooking, turning pancakes back and forth so they don’t burn.
- Do it until the pancakes are really cooked.
- Now banana pancakes are ready to be served.