Until today, a basic pancake recipe was missing here at Brenda Kookt. Of course you can use pancake mix from a package, but that is actually not necessary at all. With the same effort you put together your own pancake mix.
With this I share my basic recipe for delicious pancakes. Basic, as it should be. So that you can invest the pancakes yourself with what you like. I usually go for a very simple (but super tasty) topping such as syrup (my favorite), grated cheese or sugar (normal, no powdered sugar).
What is your favorite topping for the pancake? And when is it time for pancakes in your home and are they on your table?
- Preparation time 30 minutes
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
- 250 grams of flour
- pinch of salt
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 apple
- dash of olive oil
- butter for baking
- Extra required: toppings to invest the pancakes with. For example cheese, bacon or syrup, powdered sugar … you name it!
- Peel and finely grate the apple.
- Sift the flour and mix it with the salt and cinnamon with half the milk. Add the eggs one by one (in the meantime mix it in) and finally add the rest of the milk and a dash of olive oil little by little. Stir the grated apple into the batter.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan, make sure the pan is hot before you bake the pancakes.
- Divide (for example with a tablespoon) batter in the pan and bake the pancake alternately until nicely browned. Repeat this until the batter is finished.